Spike, our Board Cat, has made friends with some of the cats from downtown Lawrence businesses. He wanted them to be as distinguished and dapper as he is in his bow tie, so he got them some of their own! Dashiell and Ngaio from Raven Book Store and Mickey Roy and Sam from Love Garden are now sporting Business Catual cat bow ties, too!
Just another work day
We’re reblogging our post this morning to remind you that today, August 22, is the last day for our Book Giveaway!
There’s still plenty of time to reblog: you have until 11:59 EST to reblog this post in order to enter and win books, which - it goes without saying - is awesome!
Please read our giveaway rules, listed below.
Thank you so, so much to all of you who recently joined us, and to all of our followers - we hope you’re having as much fun with us on Tumblr as we are!
We promised a book giveaway if we reached 1,000 followers and so, here it is!
We’re giving away FOUR book packages (see above) to celebrate reaching 1,000 followers
- The giveaway ends on August 22, 2014
- You can REBLOG THIS POST UP TO TWO TIMES to enter, no more. Reblogs only will count, not likes.
- You don’t have to be following us to enter, but we’d like to be friends! Feel free to follow us, especially if you’re into books and nerdy stuff! But be cool and don’t unfollow right after the giveaway, we’d you to stick around! (And NO spam blogs!)
To enter you must:
- Live in the U.S. (We’re so sorry we can’t ship to our friends around the world!)
- Be at least eighteen, or if under eighteen, at least thirteen and have your parent/guardian’s permission to give out your mailing address
- Be willing to email us your mailing address so we can send you the books
- Understand that the book packages are first come, first serve so if another winner selects the book package you wanted, we’ll let you know what’s left to choose from
Winners will be selected randomly by using random.org
Once the giveaway is over, we will announce the winners in a post and tag you. Your ask box must be open because we will also contact you that way. If you don’t respond by messaging us on Tumblr or emailing us at email@example.com by August 25, we will have to draw a new winner.
Please don’t repost this to giveaway blogs or anything like that – we’re running an honest, fun giveaway, so please help us keep it this way.
Thank you for celebrating 1,000 followers with us!
YOU GO, Pickerington Public Library.
IF YOU LIKED… THE FAULT IN OUR STARS
There are so many amazing YA movie adaptations coming out that I’ve been seeing a lot of searches happening for things like “What to read after X book” or “books like X”. Being a book blogger has its perks… If feel really in touch with the book/reading community and I feel like I’ve read a handful of books that I would LOVE to recommend as read-alikes!
If you’re looking for a book to read after THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, I’ve compiled a list of books I think hit similar situations, emotions, plots, and characters.
To see the break-down of each recommended book, check out the full post on The Book Addict’s Guide! http://www.bookaddictsguide.com/2014/08/22/liked-fault-stars/
These are good recommendations!
Sidenote: I can’t wait to read Althea & Oliver.
Additional sidenote: I have a list with even more recommendations in this article for NoveList.